Based in Elk River, Minnesota, Preferred Powder Coating operates from a brand new 100,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility. Those who have taken a tour of our plant and offices are impressed not only by the size of the operation, but by the sheer volume of work we are capable of powder coating on a daily basis. The sheer size of our facility, the new GEMA equipment, and our line capacity enables us to accept OEM high volume parts no one else can handle, and we turn the parts quickly for customers.
In an effort to add value for our volume parts customers we have developed a Sign and Graphics department! Today our sign and graphics department can manage all your graphic needs including product labels, decals, signs, banners, convention displays, vinyl lettering, or vehicle & commercial truck wraps. See more details under the Sign and Graphics Division tab on this website or visit us at www.PreferredSignandGraphics.com
Another new product for Preferred Powder coating is the manufacturing and customization of Vehicle License Plate Frames. Whether you need 1 or 10,000 frames, we can customize the frames to your personal or business needs. Great for fund-raisers or spiffs for customers, visit us soon at www.PreferredLicensePlateFrames.com
One look at our state-of-the-art facility, impressive line of equipment, and our experienced staff of employees you’ll be impressed by our capabilities.
- 100,000 square foot building with 10 semi-truck dock doors and two large overhead drive through doors, so there’s no waiting for an open bay;
- A large showroom with hundreds of color chips to choose from;
- Conveyor Line 1 — Rapid Engineering System, window is 40 inches x 76 inches x 120 inches long, 5 stage wash, 950 feet of conveyor, 20 minute cure at 14 fpm, GEMA Magic Compact Quick Color Change Powder Booth, Cyclone reclaim with OptiFlex Automatic Powder Coating Machine. Contact us for maximum part limits;
- Conveyor Line 2 — Thermo-Tronix System, window is 36 inches x 72 inches x 120 inches long, 5 stage wash, 800 feet of conveyor, 20 minute cure at 11 fpm, GEMA Magic Cylinder Quick Color Change Powder Booth, Cyclone with OptiTronic Automatic Powder Coating Machine. Contact us for maximum part limits;
- Batch System 1 — Booth: 10’ x 12’ x 16’ , Oven: 1997 Precision Quincy Model HD-818-8, 8’ x 8’ x 18.5’, Pressure Washer: American Model P200 Hot Water pressure washer, Powder Guns: OptiFlex Manual Powder Guns. Contact us for maximum part limits;
- Batch System 2 — Booth: RPB-12’ X 10’ X 22’-DT Floor Mounted Pass through Powder Booth with Col-Met Cartridge Collector, Oven 1: 8’ x 8’ x 24’, Oven 2: 8’ x 8’ x 15’, Powder Guns: OptiFlex Manual Powder Guns. Contact us for maximum part limits;
- Powder Application Booths featuring state-of-the-art equipment including an in-line powder booth for automatic or manual application;
- A Climate-Controlled Powder Room to ensure consistent environment for powder application;
- Fast-Change Color Modules help clients save set-up costs;
- Warehouse Facilities — Our large facility with multiple loading docks allows us to handle a high volume of OEM projects, as well as receive, store, track and ship customer products with ease;
- Forklifts capable of lifting up to 5,500 pounds;
- Our value added services offer pickup and delivery with our 33,000 lb. capacity dock trucks;
- State-of-the-art Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirement Planning (MRP) software to track your production run from purchase order to invoice;
- 60 inch large format Roland Versa Camm VS-640 vinyl printer/cutter with state-of-the-art metallic colors;
- Compare us to the competition and you will understand why the metal manufacturers will say they use Preferred Powder Coating!